Our chaplains are amazing people who partner with Christ to save lives from the inside out. Yet, they need our help. Certainly, they need our financial support to keep doing what they do so well throughout the Commonwealth’s prisons.
- Our Christmas Stocking project invites your family, group, class or organization to take a Christmas stocking to fill with money – to give the gift of Christ at Christmas. Our chaplains facilitate Christ’s presence within the prison. You can help them honor their call by raising money to ensure they continue their powerful work.
- We also value your prayers. The work of our chaplains is demanding and draining frought with very intense and complicated emotional struggle, tragic stories and more work than any one person can accomplish. Can you join us in praying that God will provide for their needs – spiritual, emotional, intellectual and physical?
Each facility has opportunities for community involvement. For example, Fluvanna Correctional Center for Women and Virginia Correctional Center for Women have HUGE Christmas toiletry kit drives, greeting card/Christmas card and stationary drives each year. Other facilities have needs for sound equipment, musical instruments, volunteers, Bibles, Christian and spiritual literature. If you have a heart for the broken – or for our awe-inspiring chaplains, you can give them a call or send an email. They will welcome your support – in whatever ways you can offer it.
- Keen Mountain Correctional Center – Chaplain Jason Crandall would welcome all kinds of cards – greeting cards/stationary, etc. 276-498-7411 email@example.com
- Deefield Correctional Center – Chaplain Lynn Robinson needs pre-filled communion cups (grape juice) and other communion supplies. His contact information is… 434-658-4368 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deerfield Men and Women’s Work Center and Brunswick Women’s Reception and Pre-Release Center – Chaplain Claudette Rodney. “I am always in need of Bibles, communion supplies, greetings cards (especially now Christmas, New Years and Valentine’s cards). I would especially be blessed with an electric (piano) keyboard for BWC and communion service sets for BWC and Deerfield Women. If an organization wanted to take on a Christmas project – toiletry such as shampoo, body wash and lotion are acceptable items. Give Chaplain Rodney a call or email…434-602-3318 email@example.com
- Nottoway Correctional Center – Chaplain Robert Ball is in need of pre-filled communion cups with wafer. He also would like to have greeting cards, thinking of you cards, birthday cards, Father’s Day cards, etc. You can reach Chaplain Ball… firstname.lastname@example.org
- St. Brides Correctional Center – Chaplain Bill Twine needs plastic communion cups and blank worship bulletins for special services like communion, baptisms, Easter Sunday… 757-421-6600 email@example.com
- Coffeewood Correctional Center – Chaplain Robby Burke firstname.lastname@example.org requests a gently used Broadman Commentary set, gently used study Bibles and large print Bibles.
- Green Rock Correctional Center – Chaplain Lee Harris and oncoming request two “boom boxes” needed to play CDs for religious services, birthday cards and study Bibles…. 434-433-3307 email@example.com
- Virginia Correctional Center for Women – Chaplain Karen Powell has the below list of approved items that are needed. Contact information for her is at the end.
Approved Donation List
- Greeting Cards: All-occasion to include adult and children birthdays, thinking of you, congratulations, get well, sympathy, blank, thank you, special occasion cards such as anniversary, birth of a baby, wedding, graduation, baptism, and special days such as Valentine’s Day, Easter, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and Christmas for Chaplain’s card ministry (card packages are given out every 3 months to 600 women)
- Blank Note Cards
- White Envelopes
- Decorated Paper (for letter writing)
- Forever Stamps
- Colored Composition books to be used as journals (no spiral bound)
- Stick pens (not click) in blue or black ink
- Puzzle books – word search, crossword, and Sudoku
- Bibles such as the Life Application and NIV Women of Faith Study Bibles, NIV Women’s Devotional Bibles, and The Amplified Bible – All versions are appreciated. In need of Large Print At the present time there are plenty KJV Bibles and these Bibles are not requested very often.
- Wall Calendars (non-spiral)
- Pocket Calendars (non-spiral)
- Address Books (non-spiral)
Please do not drop off any donations at the institution. Arrangements for receiving donations must be made through the Chaplain who has cleared the donated items for approval through the appropriate channels. Please contact Chaplain Karen Powell at (804) 556, 7429, or email Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org.