Immediate Job Opening: Chaplain at Keen Mountain Correctional Center – half-time
GraceInside has an immediate opening for a half-time chaplain at Keen Mountain Correctional Center to serve alongside the current chaplain. The co-chaplain will manage duties associated with all religious programs, services and religious volunteers (conduct worship, facilitate Bible Studies, pastoral care, etc). Currently funded for 20 hours a week with significant opportunity for growth, the ideal candidate:
(1) has an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university;
(2) has a Master of Divinity (M.Div.) or equivalent degree from an accredited seminary;
(3) is ordained and in good standing with their denomination or church;
(4) where applicable, is endorsed as a chaplain by their denomination’s endorsing body;
(5) has CPE (Clinical Pastoral Education) units (preferred);
(6) has church ministry and or work/ministry experience in a jail/prison setting (preferred);
(7) must be willing to promote the ministry of GraceInside to nearby churches, ministries and civic groups.
Interested candidates should request an application from Lee Hargrave at his email – email@example.com or by phone at 804 358-7650. Applications, once received, should be submitted with a cover letter and resume to that same email by February 15th.